Your child will love practicing their grade 1 math skills with this fun and engaging game. This game is aligned with the Common Core State Standards.
Studies show that practice is the most important factor in developing strong math skills. Our play based approach to learning keeps your child eager to practice. We play test our apps to make sure they are fun enough to play repeatedly. The focus is on mastering skills through practice. Hints are available to help your child learn different techniques for solving problems.
Your child will help a monkey collect bananas in a jungle. Most bananas are collected by solving math problems. Other bananas are collected through simple game play. The game includes a high score feature. This provides motivation for your child to improve. Higher scores are achieved by answering correctly. This provides incentive to focus on getting the correct answer.
Children will learn and master the following grade 1 math skills
- Add and subtract within 20 (1.OA.A.1)
- Count to 120, starting at any number less than 120 (1.NBT.A.1)
- Understand multiples of 10 (1.NBT.C.5)
- Compare two two-digit numbers (1.NBT.B.3)
- Add within 100 (1.NBT.C.4)
- Find 10 more or 10 less than the number (1.NBT.C.5)
- Subtract multiples of 10 from multiples of 10 (1.NBT.C.6)
- Relate counting to addition and subtraction (1.OA.C.5)
- Add three whole numbers whose sum is less than or equal to 20 (1.OA.A.2)
- Apply properties of operations as strategies to add and subtract (1.OA.B.3)
- Understand subtraction as an unknown-addend problem (1.OA.B.4)
- Determine the unknown whole number in an addition or subtraction equation (1.OA.D.8)
- Use objects, drawings, and equations with a symbol for the unknown number (1.OA.A.1, 1.OA.A.2)
- Understand the meaning of the equal sign (1.OA.D.7)
- Understand that the two digits of a two-digit number represent amounts of tens and ones. (1.NBT.B.2)
- Understand that 10 can be thought of as a bundle of ten ones (1.NBT.B.2.A)
- Understand that the numbers from 11 to 19 are composed of a ten and ones (1.NBT.B.2.B)
Educational hints are always available. They include different techniques for solving grade 1 math problems.
We take your privacy seriously
- No third party advertising
- No external links
- No in-app purchases
- No push notifications
- No personal information collected